Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Increase Internet Speed

 How to increase Internet speed


Will tell you the hack/trick to increase Windows XP Pro Internet speed by around 20%. This 20% internet speed increment may seem to be a little, but if you read this article thoroughly, you can see that this 20% is a lot (especially if your modem is 100MBPS), because Windows only allows you to use 80% by default, and 80 divided by 20 is 4, which is the 4%.


However, you can see clearly up there this trick is for XP Pro only. Yes, I know some people might get the Home editions because they want the Media Center bonuses (or so I heard).

This hack/trick is quite simple. Go to Start>>Run and then type in “gpedit.msc” without the quotes (“).

After that, search around for “QoS Packet Scheduler” (Hey, I can’t provide accurate XP info since I forgot and I’m using Vista, which sucks badly) after that, you should see something like “Limit Reservable Bandwidth”. Modify that and set it to “Disabled”, or you can put it to “Enabled” and change the value to 0.

I highly recommend putting it at “disabled” because some computers (like mine) can’t differentiate the difference between “EnabledValue 0” and “EnabledValue 20”. NEVER put it at “Not Configured” because that will STILL take away 20% of your bandwidth.

After that, press F5 and reboot your computer. Enjoy 20% more Internet speed (Again, this is based on what I calculated!)
Q: How can I further increase my internet speed?
A: You can use TCPOptimizer 2 at www.speedguide.net .
Q: How can I EVEN FURTHER increase my internet speed?
A: For downloads, you can use DAP 9.0 at www.speedbit.com, note that it’s got bugs, and McAfee made it a yellow website because of the pathetic users saying it changed their browser homepage (actually because they wanted it to!) and a single registry cleaner that doesn’t exist, so it’s GREEN. For uploads, I have no idea…

Enjoy hackING....

No comments: